- “Personal Information” means any information that is recognised as such under South African law and includes any information which identifies You
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In Your Use of the Website and accompanying application, We may collect and store the following Personal Information:
- name, surname, address, email address and contact information;
- correspondence via email and information relating to transactional activity via the Website;
- website connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, IP address and standard web log information;
- If a refund is required we may request your bank account details in order to make payment.
- HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- At the outset we would like to give You the comfort that You will always own Your Personal Information and that we do not sell Your Personal Information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
- We use, disclose and share Your Personal Information only as follows:
- to identify you;
- to analyse Website usage and to improve the Goods and/or Website;
- to deliver the Goods and track order delivery and collection;
- for stock planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- by disclosing Your Personal Information to third party service providers appointed by Us in order to enable Us to provide the Website and Goods to You, and who are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- In addition, We may disclose Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties as We, in Our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose Us to legal liability, or in connection with a merger, consolidation, or sale of Our assets.
- OPT OUT
- You are entitled to opt out of any disclosure of Your Personal Information to a third party or use of Your Personal Information for a purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by You by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Cookies” are small text files a website can use to recognise repeat users, facilitate the users’ on going access to and use of the Website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising.
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- provide custom, personalised content and information;
- monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.
- We take reasonable technical, administrative and physical steps to protect against unauthorised access to and disclosure of Personal Information.
- We use a combination of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of Your online session and to protect Our systems from unauthorised access.
- Our databases are protected from general personnel access both physically and logically. We encrypt Your password so that Your password cannot be recovered, even by Us. All backup drives and tapes are also encrypted.
- ACCESS TO, CORRECTION OF AND DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- You may request Us to correct inaccurate information via email at email@example.com. We will require that you verify you are in fact the owner of such Personal Information. Once the changes are made We will notify you by email at your nominated email address. If there is any Personal Information not accessible via the Website that you wish to have access to for purposes of correcting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you dispute any personal information collected by us about you and such information is found to be inaccurate, incomplete, or cannot be verified, we will promptly delete or modify such item of information, as appropriate, based on the results of the investigation.
- We may, in compliance with applicable laws or if we are unable to verify your identity, refuse you access to your Personal Information and in such circumstances, We will tell you why access has been denied.
- We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we are obliged to do so under South African law. Such information will always be maintained under the same security and privacy controls that are in place for other users of the Website.
To participate as a Click-courier agent, you must permit the Click-courier Services to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“Platform”) or browser. We may collect the precise location of your device when the Click-courier app is running in the foreground or background of your device. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. We use your location information to verify that you are present in your preferred region or city when you begin or engage in a delivery through the Click Courier (PTY) Ltd Services (a “Delivery”), connect you with delivery opportunities in your zone, and track the progress and completion of your Deliveries. You can enable the location tracking feature through the settings on your device or Platform or when prompted by the Click-courier mobile app. If you choose to disable the location feature through the settings on your device or Platform, Click Courier (PTY) Ltd will not receive precise location information from your device, which will prevent you from being able to Trip and receiving delivery opportunities in your area.
This document was last updated on 24 April 2019